Have you recieved “Messages from Heaven” or “Signs from Beyond?
Recently, I found this out first hand when I shared a post on my facebook about the mystery of my gas stove turning on by itself…..strange, but true. The response to that post showed that there are a great many people out there who have had similar things happen to them and who continue to receive signs from beyond, gaining much comfort from the fact that their loved ones continue to find ingenious ways to communicate with them.
These signs from beyond, or messages from heaven, are what is known collectively as “after death communication.” These essentially are ways in which our loved ones continue to communicate with us, afer death, in an often spontaneous and direct manner. They may also have some specific meaning for the recipient, with their purpose being to bring comfort, reassurance and hope to their loved ones.
In 1988 the first in-depth research of After-Death Communications was undertaken by Bill and Judy Guggenheim. They interviewed 2,000 people throughout America and Canada and collected more than 3,300 firsthand accounts from people who believed they have been contacted by a loved one who had died. The results of that research is documented in their book Hello From Heaven.
From that book, I have summarised the most common ways your loved ones may communicate with you. Some of which you may experienced already or are likely to:
- Sensing their presence – you may get the impression they are around you, beside you or just with you.
- Hearing their voice – this usually occurs telepathically as a voice in your mind, but can be heard as a speaking voice.
- Feeling their touch – it may be a light touch of their fingers on your shoulder or a feeling of them touching you lightly on the arm.
- Smelling their fragrance – smell is very evocative and this is one that I have had happen many times. It is usually very personal and commonly can be their favourite perfume.
- Seeing their appariton – you may see them as you recall them or they may appear as a flat picture of themselves or even as shards of light or energy.
- Coming to visit you in your dreams - I described this in my dream series of posts recently. They can visit to provide reassure or impart a message of some sort.
- Manipulation of energy – this has been reported very frequently and includes lights flickering, musical toys going off or the radio/tv switching on and off.
- Receiving symbolic messages – these could be seeing particular objects, such as coins, rainbows, animals or specific items of family significance.
- Meaningful coincidences – often occuring on a significant date or in response to a cry for help, they include hearing particular songs on the radio, seeings number plates or any event or occurence which relates very personally to the recipient.
These examples of after death communication occur frequently and are widespread. However there are many who are quick to dismiss them as nonsense and figments of imagination. I know of many who have been so excited to receive such messages but have had their enthusiasm quashed by the sceptics who cannot believe it to be possible. We may even be sceptics ourselves.
It is unfortunate then that the little bit of comfort and reassurance which was so lovingly received can be so quickly erased by our own behaviour or that of others. Therefore I would caution, take care with whom you share these precious moments with, as they are precious. Allow yourself the gift they can bestow on your life. Take them into the very soul of your being and accept them for what they are, lovingly given messages of comfort and hope, chosen for you specifically.